The PT-120 projection chipset features individually packaged Red, Green and Blue LEDs, each with a monolithic emitting area of 12 mm2, and a 16:9 aspect ratio.
The large emitting area of the PT-120 is designed for projection systems using micro-displays ranging from 0.65" to 1" with wide-screen format. PT-120 is an ideal light source for lamp-free front projectors in home theater, gaming, business or commercial applications.
Like all Luminus projection Big Chip LEDs, the PT-120 can be used with DLP®, LCoS and HTPS LCD micro-displays. PT-120 devices are also available in chipset or individually for high performance illumination applications.
- 12 mm2 emitting area (4.6 mm x 2.6 mm)
- Typical dominant wavelengths: RED 623 nm, GREEN 525 nm, BLUE 460 nm
- Large operating dynamic range with drive current up to 30A (pulsed operation)
- Single emitting area per color allows for collection with single lens for simplified optics
- Thermally efficient, metal-core printed circuit board (MCPCB) package (28.0 mm X 26.75 mm footprint) with 0.6 °C/W thermal resistance
Benefits & Applications
- Wide color gamut for vivid colors, exceeds NTSC
- Environmentally friendly technology: Mercury-free, RoHS compliant
- Instant start: no more wait time
- High reliability: no more lamp replacement
- Applications: Projection Displays, Specialty, Industrial and Medical Lighting
* Peak pulsed current operation.